Irresistible Book Design for Self-Publishers
You’ve spent countless hours perfecting your manuscript. Let the rest of the book publishing process be easy, and know that I won’t take a cut of your book sales. You keep all the profits, you retain the rights to your book, and you are the publisher.
I’m Jennifer Omner, owner of ALL Publications and an award-winning book designer, helping writers become published authors. After your book has been professionally edited, I offer the following services.
- Interior book design: making the pages of your book look pleasing to read and formatting the file correctly for offset printing presses or print on demand (POD). I follow the rules in The Chicago Manual of Style to ensure a quality, professional product.
- Cover design: making your book cover shine above the competition so it’s the one purchased. Take advantage of my marketing background here.
- E-book design: creating Kindle and ePub files so your book can be read on Kindles, iPads, Nooks, and other e-readers.
- Book publishing numbers: helping you obtain the appropriate numbers for your book including ISBN, bar code, and Library of Congress Control Number. Please visit my Resources page and see the links under Book Publishing Numbers.
- Book printing: ensuring the files of your book comply with printer’s specifications and meet prepress standards. Matching your specific book with a compatible, quality book printer and coordinating the process through delivery to you. Or recommending sources if your print run is under 500 books. If you are planning to use CreateSpace, Lightning Source, or IngramSpark, I know their file specifications.
- POD account set up: offering my book design clients account set up on CreateSpace, Lightning Source, and IngramSpark.
- Marketing material for authors: designing business cards, bookmarks, and postcards to promote your book.
- Marketing tips: enter your email address in the box to the right to receive my free, twice monthly e-newsletter full of publishing industry news.
Please take a look around my site and contact me regarding your project. I look forward to hearing from you!
Click here to view books I’ve designed: covers, interior pages, e-books, or all. Great books, great clients!
Current Book Tip
A book title is as important as the cover design. Think about your audience and what emotional response you want to convey. Will a subtitle help clarify the subject matter? Short titles that get to the point generally work best. Does your title include prominent, searchable terms (think “keywords” for ranking high in search results)? After you’ve brainstormed, enter your top choices in Amazon’s search field to see if you might be duplicating a title. I’m currently designing a book by Bill Lemmer with a winning title and subtitle combination: Freedom from Trauma in Dementia: a caregiving guide.
Award-winning Book Designer Available to Design Your Book
I designed the interior and co-created the cover design of Michael Hagedorn’s Post-Dated: The Schooling of an Irreverent Bonsai Monk. The book won first place in the 2009 Publishers Association of the West Book Design Awards recognizing superior design and outstanding production quality. For more awards, please see the About page.